What is included?
What is included?
- Collection from within Dorset or anywhere in mainland Great Britain
- A simple, traditional coffin
- Removal of a pacemaker if required
- Crematorium fees
- An unattended cremation at our partner crematorium
- We let you know the date and time of the cremation so you can be thinking about it
- Ashes scattered at the crematorium garden of remembrance or we can return them to family by hand for a small fee
- We donate to plant a tree in memory of your loved one
Arranging a direct cremation for a loved one in Dorset
Our friendly in-house team will be alongside you every step of the way, from your initial call to the personal delivery of the ashes. Don't hesitate to contact us, we cover Dorset as well as the rest of mainland Great Britain.Speak to our team today
A tree planted in memory
Celebration of Life™ donate to plant a tree with the National Trust 'Plant a Tree Fund' for every service we do. A certificate is provided in memory of your loved one.
5 beautiful Places in Dorset to Scatter a Loved One's Ashes
Dorset, a captivating county located in the South West of England, offers a wealth of picturesque landscapes, charming coastlines, and idyllic countryside. Discover some of the most serene locations in Dorset for scattering ashes and commemorating the memory of your loved ones.5 places to scatter ashes locally
Destinations to celebrate your loved one's life in Dorset
Dorset offers beautiful locations to celebrate the life of a loved one. For an intimate gathering, consider the charming gardens of Athelhampton House near Dorchester, with manicured lawns and vibrant flower beds for reflection and remembrance.
Nature lovers can choose the stunning Jurassic Coast, featuring dramatic cliffs, secluded coves, and breathtaking views at locations like Durdle Door, Lulworth Cove, or Old Harry Rocks, providing picturesque settings to honour their memory.
For a more formal event, venues like Kingston Maurward Gardens and Animal Park or The Italian Villa in Compton Acres offer elegant event spaces surrounded by beautiful gardens. These sophisticated settings cater to memorial services or receptions, providing facilities such as catering and accommodation for a seamless experience.
Covering Dorset and the rest of Great Britain
With a population of approximately 420,000 people, Dorset is a popular county located in the south-west of England. It is known for its beautiful coastline, charming villages, and historical sites. The county town of Dorset is Dorchester.
Dorset has several register offices where deaths can be registered. They are:
- Dorchester Register Office - Acland Road, Dorchester, DT1 1EF
- Weymouth Register Office - North Quay, Weymouth, DT4 8TA
- Bournemouth Register Office - Town Hall, Bourne Avenue, Bournemouth, BH2 6DY
- Poole Register Office - Poole Civic Centre, Serpentine Road, Poole, BH15 2RU
- Christchurch Register Office - Civic Offices, Bridge Street, Christchurch, BH23 1AZ
Areas we cover in Dorset
In Dorset, we can arrange fuss-free direct cremations across the county, covering areas such as Dorchester, Weymouth, Bournemouth, Poole, and Christchurch.
Regardless of where your loved one is located, we will take care of everything from collecting them to arranging the cremation, and personally delivering their ashes to you at any location in Dorset.
We frequently attend the general hospitals in the area, including Dorset County Hospital in Dorchester, Weymouth Community Hospital, Royal Bournemouth Hospital, Poole Hospital, and Christchurch Hospital. Our team is familiar with the local staff to ensure that the collection takes place without delay.